Welcome to Song of the Woods Studio where you’ll find Rachel’s Wild Plants Blog (learn how herbs, shrubs, and trees are used for edible, medicinal and craft purposes) & The Wood Folk Diaries. And of course, some of the “bush stuff” made by Robin and Rachel.
Latest Wild Plants (& More) Posts
- Willow – Salix SPP.: Original Aspirin of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
- The Wood Folk Diaries: Volume 2, Chapter 1: Meet Scarlet Tanager, Guardian of the Oaks
- Pineapple-weed – Matricaria Discoidea: Wild Chamomile of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
- Marsh Marigold – Caltha Palustris: Early Greens of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
- Wild Parsnip – Pastinaca Sativa: Sweetest of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
Let’s Stay Connected
As a free gift for subscribing, you’ll receive flora and fauna coloring pages whenever a new set is released! (If that’s not your thing, maybe your children or grandchildren will appreciate these freebies!)
What’s Coming up Next on Rachel’s Wild Plants Blog (updated 9/17/2020)
Our edible and medicinal plants blog will be featuring a new edible and medicinal plant every Friday – willow coming up next (9/18)!
Followed by sunflower, goldenrod, common fleabane, chicory, tamarack, and Queen Anne’s-lace. We’ve already got next years 52 plants picked out. I can’t wait!
I’ll show you how to make bits and bobs with black cherry burls soon, and other crafts!
How Turtles Use Wild Plants was just posted recently, and the likes of pine martin, deer, and moose are on the radar!
And as I write this the Wood Folk Diary is going to the birds!
Please Invite Your Wild Friends!
If you have friends who are as into the wild as us, please share our blog with them. Maybe invite them to our Facebook page. We’d love to interact with you and your friends as well. Bring your wild stories! I love hearing about other people’s Nature experiences!