Welcome to Song of the Woods Studio where you’ll find Rachel’s Wild Plants Blog (learn how herbs, shrubs, and trees are used for edible, medicinal and craft purposes) & The Wood Folk Diaries. And of course, some of the “bush stuff” made by Robin and Rachel.
Latest Wild Plants (& More) Posts
- Joe-Pye Weed – Eupatorium Maculatum: Bee Bed of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
- Bluebead Lily – Clintonia Borealis: Poisonberry of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
- The Wood Folk Diaries: Volume 2, Chapter 13: Meet the Gray Catbird
- Mouse-ear Chickweeds – Cerastium SPP.: Furries of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
- Mountain-Ashes – Sorbus SPP.: Rose Tree of Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants
Let’s Stay Connected
As a free gift for subscribing, you’ll receive flora and fauna coloring pages whenever a new set is released! (If that’s not your thing, maybe your children or grandchildren will appreciate these freebies!)
What’s Coming up Next on Rachel’s Wild Plants Blog (updated for Late Summer/Fall 2021)
Our edible and medicinal plants blog will be featuring a new edible and medicinal plant every Friday – our 100th will be posted on October 15th!
I’m already excited for our winter line up of partridgeberry, winterberry holly, wintergreen, and Christmas fern. We’ve already picked out next years plants! And we’ve got nearly 100 in the queue for 2023+.
When December 17th comes around, the Wood Folk Diary is going to the bugs! We’ll take a break from birds and focus on pollinators and their host plants for a while.
Please Invite Your Wild Friends!
If you have friends who are as into the wild as us, please share our blog with them. Maybe invite them to our Facebook page. We’d love to interact with you and your friends as well. Bring your wild stories! I love hearing about other people’s Nature experiences!